Presented by Master Gardener Sindey Platz
1. Plant bee friendly flowers and herbs – put that lawn mower back in the shed.
2. “Weeds” can “bee” good (clover and dandelions) – live and let live.
3. Don’t mono-crop, plant various types of flowers and herbs – forget the turf.
4. Don’t use chemicals and pesticides in your yard or garden – just say NO.
5. Provide a small basin of fresh water outside – Kansas summers are hot.
6. Build a bee home – don’t forget the ground bees.
7. Protect nest sites – leave those brush/leaf piles.
8. Encourage and educate your neighbors to support bees – spread the word.
9. Support local sustainable agriculture.
10.Become a bee keeper – honey and native bees alike.